If your family is in need of a fun and exciting vacation, you should definitely consider visiting the beautiful area of Livingston, Texas. Situated on 90,000 acres of land, Lake Livingston is the second largest lake in the entire state of Texas. This means that you will be able to enjoy all of your favorite water activities like fishing, boating, jet skiing, swimming, and more without having to worry about overcrowding.
Further, the city of Livingston provides its visitors with anything from specialty shopping to delicious restaurants to please the whole family. Whether you’re in the mood to go shopping, see a movie, play water sports, or just chill by the lake or pool, Livingston has something for people of all ages to enjoy.
Lake Livingston offers a wide variety of antique shops and boutiques for shoppers to indulge in any of their shopping whims. If you’re a fan of trade days, Livingston holds theirs every third Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of each month, year round. With 200 acres of land dedicated to Livingston’s trade days, you and your family will be able to enjoy a variety of food, arts and crafts, and genuine antique vendors and collectors displaying their wares.
If you visit Livingston’s historic Main Street, you will be welcomed by many shops and dining areas that have that small town, country charm.
Whether you want to rough it and go camping in a tent, or you would rather take your RV, or rent one, Livingston has several campsites to choose from. Be sure that the campsite that you select has waterfront properties so that water access will be fast and easy. If you’re going to need certain amenities like bathrooms and showers on site, RV hookups, or boat ramps and storage, check to be sure your site will be able to provide you with these things.
Other outdoor activities:
- Boating and jet/water skiing
- Blue berry picking
- Butterfly watching— Lake Livingston is located on the Monarch Butterfly Migrating trail. Every fall the butterflies make their way to Mexico and in the spring, they fly back to the United States.
- Horseback riding
After spending all day having fun in the sun, you and your family will most likely be famished. If you’re in the mood for a delicious meal, the area of Livingston has a variety of wonderful restaurants to choose from. Mexican food, barbecue, Chinese food, and delectable seafood are just some of the options available.
- Parks— Anniversary Park, Mathews Street Park, and Pedigo Park are just three of the wonderful parks you can choose to visit.
- Double Creek Farm— You and your family will be able to have a blast with hay rides, a playhouse and giant sandbox, and best of all, Christmas tree cutting in the winter.
- The Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas— Visit the tribe and learn all about their culture and history.
- The Polk County Museum— To learn about some of Livingston’s local history, take a trip to the Polk County Museum.
- The Big Thicket National Preserve— Bird watching, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, education programs, and more are available.
Bethy Creek Resort on the north end of Lake Livingston is one of the very best RV parks in Texas, also providing comfortable cabins and wooded tent sites. Enjoy fishing, cable wakeboarding, and plenty of other amenities on site. Learn more at www.BethyCreek.com.